Clean your equipment to prevent infection, each time it is used:
- Wash mask and strap with dish washing liquid detergent and warm water.
- Rinse mask and strap well with warm running water.
- Mix up a white vinegar solution using 1 part white vinegar and 3 parts distilled water.
- For example, mix 1 cup of white vinegar with 3 cups of water in a container.
- You can store any extra white vinegar solution in a tightly sealed container in your refrigerator and use it for up to one week.
- Soak the pre-washed parts in white vinegar solution for 30 to 40 minutes. All parts should be completely covered by the solution while soaking.
- Rinse the parts well with warm running water.
- Place the parts on clean paper towels to air dry. Cover lightly with a clean paper towel and let dry.
Return the mask and strap to mesh bag for storage until next use.
Breather hose can also be cleaned in the same fashion.
Mesh bag and neoprene strap should also be hand washed as needed.